Dental crown treatment is a procedure that covers an ailing tooth with a full coverage porcelain restoration – literally crowning it to improve the tooth’s size, shape, condition and/or appearance. A dental crown treatment is an aesthetic and restorative procedure done to provide stability to the tooth.
Reasons Why People Get Dental Crowns
A dental crown treatment is a common procedure that is done comfortably in our office. You would be a prime candidate if you have:
- A chipped or fractured tooth, causing pain when chewing. A dental crown can provide stability and help to evenly distribute the stress of chewing, which often eliminates the pain entirely. Sometimes it’s best to leave a temporary crown on for a while to ensure that the tooth doesn’t require a root canal instead.
- Post-root canal therapy. After a root canal procedure, the tooth that remains is often prone to fracturing. It often needs to be replaced with a new porcelain dental crown in order to prevent it from breaking.
- A large filling that consumes at least half the width of a tooth. A filling of this size can leave the remaining tooth in a compromised position, which can cause it to fracture. A dental crown can help to strengthen the effected tooth.
- Tooth decay. Untreated tooth decay can spread causing infection, pain and the loss of a tooth, but a dental crown can minimize all three unwanted consequences.
- Tooth wear or malocclusion. Tooth injury or nightly teeth grinding can cause a tooth to become shorter or lose its shape over time. Oftentimes the enamel will completely wear away. A dental crown can do more than look like “the real thing”; it can also feel and function like a real tooth too.
- Tooth discoloration or another cosmetic imperfection. A dental crown can make an unpleasant color or space look natural and worthy of smiling again.
Desert Breeze Dental’s Discount Makes Treatment Even More Affordable
Dental crowns are made out of gold, porcelain and zirconia. The procedure typically requires 2 appointments to a dentist to complete the treatment – the first to prepare the tooth for the crown and the second to secure the permanent crown. Currently and until November 23, 2017, Desert Breeze Dental is offering a $100 discount off the price of a dental crown treatment, making it even more affordable. A consultation, including x-rays or past treatment diagnosis with our Desert Breeze Dental doctors is required. The discount cannot be combined with any other promotion. Call us at 702-869-0032 to schedule your dental crown treatment.